Follow us on Facebook for regular updates, news and events from our office and many of our partners!


Conservation Reserve Program (CRP)

Back in December, the USDA opened the first General CRP Sign-up since 2015. This means landowners have a chance to enroll land in CRP for the first time or continue their participation for another term.

Landowners who enroll in CRP receive a yearly rental payment (Miami County average is $71/acre) for voluntarily establishing long-term, resource-conserving plant species such as approved native glasses and wildflowers.

The general sign-up period closes on Friday, February, 28th. For more information, contact the FSA Office @ 913-294-3751 ext. 2.

    Seed Sales

    The District is eager to help create custom blended seed mixes, including cover crop mixes, pollinator mixes, honey bee mixes, and other specialty blends to assist with erosion control, pasture/hayland enhancement, and wildlife habitat needs.

    Sales typically run from December 1st through May 15th. Contact us at (913) 294-3751 ext. 3 to schedule an appointment, or stop by the office.

    2020 Conservation Theme

    The National Association of Conservation District’s (NACD) Stewardship Theme this year is “Where would we BEE without Pollinators?”, which seeks to raise awareness and interest among K-12 students (and their parents) regarding the important of pollinators to humans and other life.

    Teachers and parents interested in accessing online resources can check out Teachers interested in participating in poster/limerick/speech contests should contact us. State and National winners receive awards and scholarships.

    Conservation Program Signup

    We accept applications for conservation cost-share programs during the month of May. If approved, up to 50% of project cost may be covered.

    Visit with us now about your project ideas. High priority practices include, but are not limited to:

    • Brush management on productive pastureland
    • Grazing management systems to promote water quality (water tanks, cross-fencing)
    • Establishing permanent vegetation on degraded cropland
    • Erosion and sediment control on cropland (ie. terraces and waterways)

    Applicants may submit applications in person or online. Application are available here or in the office.