Follow us on Facebook for regular updates, news and events from our office and many of our partners!
Prairie Management Workshop
Don’t miss this fun and informative workshop coming up Saturday, November 23rd from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM at the Spring Hill Community Center.
- Importance and Value of Native Vegetation and Remnant Prairies
- Miami County Producer Panel
- Local Prairie Hayfield Tour
BBQ lunch will be provided, so please RSVP to 913-294-3751 Ext. 3 by November 20th.
Conservation Program Signup
We accept applications for conservation cost-share programs during the month of May. If approved, up to 50% of project cost may be covered.
Visit with us now about your project ideas. High priority practices include, but are not limited to:
- Brush management on productive pastureland
- Grazing management systems to promote water quality (water tanks, cross-fencing)
- Establishing permanent vegetation on degraded cropland
- Erosion and sediment control on cropland (ie. terraces and waterways)
Applicants may submit applications in person or online. Application are available here or in the office.